Hi, Welcome to Step 1.
This Step's Feature-
Your Weight-Loss Journey With Q and Me Begins Here
Congratulations! You've taken the first step towards your weight-loss goal.
Q and Me provides education and ongoing support to help you on your weight-loss journey. Steps for Success supports you along the way. You'll be given a list of suggested goals, like those shown below. You can learn more about each goal by clicking on the + button next to it. If you want more information about any of the topics, you'll find in-depth information in our Living Well articles.
Good luck in your journey toward your weight-loss goal!
This Step's Goals
Monitor Your Progress with a Weight, Food and Exercise Tracker+
An online tracker tool or app gives you a fast, simple way to record, plan and monitor your daily diet and physical activity. This week, start building some healthy weight-loss habits by:
- Recording your weight in a weight tracker. You should plan to record your weight at least once a week so you that you can monitor your progress
- Recording everything you eat in a food planner and tracker. By counting calories, you can help ensure you sure you reach your calorie goal each day. When you use a food planner and tracker, try to:
- Record which food you ate, how much of it you ate, and when you ate it
- Record what you ate right after eating. Even if you don't have immediate access to your tracker, write it down in a notebook and transfer it to your tracker when you're back online
- Use an exercise tracker to record your physical activity. Remember, physical activity burns calories, and different activities—walking, yard work, and even running after your children—can count toward to your goal.
- As you pursue your goal, keep the following tips in mind:
- Stay under your calorie goal each day
- Divide your calorie goal for each day into smaller calorie goals for individual meals and snacks
- Stick to your physical activity program and credit yourself for the calories you burn
- Don't go too far below your calorie goal. You may lose weight faster, but it will be harder to keep the weight off
- If you go over your goal number on one day, try to go under your calorie goal on other days to make up for it
Your Daily Calorie Target
Think eating less than your recommended calorie target will help you lose weight faster? Think again!
Talk to Your Healthcare Provider About a Physical Activity Plan+
If you haven't already done so, talk to your healthcare provider about a physical activity plan that's right for you.
Ask Your Healthcare Provider What Physical Activity Program Is Right for You
Regular exercise is key to healthy weight loss. But before you start working out, ask your doctor to help you pick a regimen right for you
As always, please:
- Continue taking Qsymia® daily in the morning, as instructed by your healthcare provider
- Use a tracker to record what you eat every day, your physical activities, and your weight for the week